It’s time for Winnebago families to start thinking of the new school year. The first day for students is scheduled for Wednesday, August 20 with an early 1 p.m. dismissal. Families new to the district are encouraged to begin the residency process immediately.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Tryouts for Winnebago High School Volleyball team will take place on Wednesday, August 13 from 8 - 11:30 a.m.
Please contact Coach Cox with any questions.
WHS Golf practice begins Wednesday, August 13. The team will meet at WHS (main foyer) at 10 a.m.. Bring your clubs & equipment. Practice will be held at Westlake at 11:30 a.m. Players will need to provide their own transportation.
Winnebago Middle School will be hosting an Open House Tuesday, August 19 for sixth graders and new students at 6 p.m. Seventh grade and eighth grade at 7 p.m. Schedules will be handed out at the Open House.
Also there will be a Book Fair on August 19 for students and parents to shop. Questions please contact the WMS office at 815.335.2364
Dorothy Simon and Jean McNair class lists will be posted on school doors on Friday, August 15.
School is just around the corner and here is some important information and August dates for Dorothy Simon Elementary.
School picture day at WHS has been scheduled for Thursday August 28. All 9th, 10th and 11th grade students will have pictures taken. Retakes for 12th grade students will also be available. Ordering information will be distributed to students. If you have any questions, please contact the WHS office at 815-335-2336.
Pictures of members of the WHS class of 2015 for the yearbook and wall composite will be taken in the cafetorium on Thursday, August 14 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
2014-15 class schedules for WHS students will be available beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday August 14. Students may pick up their schedules after August 14 in the WHS office Monday - Friday between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Please contact the WHS office at 815- 335-2336 if you have any questions.
Winnebago High School will be holding an orientation for all incoming ninth grade students and any students new to the district on Tuesday, August 19 at 6 p.m. in the WHS Cafetorium. WHS administrators and student council representatives will be available to answer questions and review procedures for new students.
The first Winnebago Middle School soccer practice will be held on Monday, August 11. A brief parent meeting will be held at 3:30 with practice continuing immediately after until 5:15. Parents and athletes, please meet at the practice field behind Jean McNair.
Winnebago CUSD #323 District Office hours starting August 4 will be Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.