Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Miss Rapp's fourth grade class sold a total of 35 boxes of cookie dough and Miss Murray's first grade class sold a total of 42 boxes! These cookie dough selling kiddos will be receiving the Pizza Party complete with chips, drinks, and dessert as their reward for winning the Biggest Loser Contest!
Students recently recognized at Jean McNair Elementary School for receiving Student of the Week honors for the week of December 2 are B. Myers, Max P., Kylie S., Dakota S., Rebekah W., Catherine M., Ariah R., Aurora I., Starlin S., Jonathan C., Jordyn W., Austin W., Josh C., Cooper P., Miyah B., Payton R., Raymond M., Caleb L., Sydney L., Gavin L., Emma W.
2014 Fans' Club Lottery tickets are available for sale. Tickets cost $60 for the year and can be bought from a lottery captain below:
The holidays are fast approaching and our calendar is filling up fast. Please save the dates for the following important events.
Students at Dorothy Simon took part in a Thanksgiving Feast November 26. Each grade level enjoyed various snacks.
Winnebago PTO has extra Fruit Medley Deep Dish, Apple and Pumpkin Pies for sale. The cost is $12.21 (which includes the tax). Contact Kristy Provi at 815.962.9599 if you are interested in purchasing a pie.
The following students were recognized recently at Jean McNair Elementary School with Student of the Week honors for the week of November 18.
Alysa C., Emma L., Taylor W., Emma W., Ryleigh W., Katie E., Marcos E., Sarah H., Jacob J., Younis A., Leonardo L., Natalie H., Bianca N., Nathan L., Hailey J., Chloe W., Larson G., Blaine G., Zoe R., Max M., David L.
On Thursday December 19 the Northern Illinois Food Bank's Mobile Pantry will be set up at Winnebago High School. The Pantry, which will be open from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. will provide food to families in need of food assistance on a first come-first served basis. For more information on the Northern Illinois Food Bank visit www.solvehungertoday.org or call 815-639-1257