Students going into grades 7, 8,10, 11, and 12 can receive their sports physicals for $25 on July 16 from 6-8 pm at the High School. Students can also receive free EKG testing at the same time by registering at http://www.midwestheart.org/younghearts/enroll.php.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Last Student of the Week Honors at Jean McNair Elementary School for the week of May 13
To register a child for Winnebago Kids Club, a $30 registration fee/family plus a 1-week pre-pay/child must be made. The 1-week pre-pay will be applied to the Winnebago Kids Club account. Registration fees are due at time of registration, along with your child/children’s schedule.
- Wednesday, August 21- First day of school & Kids Club
- Early Release Day
- Monday, September 2 - Labor Day
- No School/No Kids Club
- Friday, October 11
- All Day Services - 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
As the school year comes to a close, many are looking forward to summer break before returning to school in August. At Jean McNair, there will be four faces missing when everyone returns this fall. The end of the 2012-2103 school year finds four teachers retiring with a combined 97 years among them working in the Winnebago School District.
Dorothy Simon Year End Calendar of Events
Dorothy Simon's Early Childhood students last day of school will be Friday, May 24. All materials should be taken home that day or earlier.
Play Day for Dorthy Simon's Early Childhood and Kindergarten will be on Thursday, May 23 at Dorothy Simon Elementary School. Students participate in a number of events.
Session times and classes as follows:
Morning Session from 9 - 10:20 a.m.
It’s hard to believe the school year is near completion! Time for vacations, swimming, camping…time to make those appointments for school physicals.
After Many Years…We Say Goodbye. . . . Mr. Mandera and the Dorothy Simon Staff are losing two great members of our Simon staff to retirement.
What a wonderful year it has been! I appreciated all of your smiles and laughs throughout the school year. I wanted to take a moment to tell all of you, “Thank you.”
Thank you to all the volunteers that assisted at Dorothy Simon Elementary this year. You supplied your time and effort to assist with our children this year.