On Tuesday, August 23, Winnebago Middle School invites students along with their parents for an Open House. Sixth grade students are invited first to come at 6 p.m. along with all new students. Seventh and Eighth grade students are invited to come starting at 7 p.m.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
We welcome all parents and students to Dorothy Simon's Annual Back to School Cook Out and Open House on Thursday, September 8.
Important dates for the 2016-17 school year.
Winnebago High School will host an orientation meeting for all 9th grade students and any students new to the district on Monday August 22 at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will take place in the WHS Cafetorium and is open to all new students and their parents.
Just a reminder, the 2016-17 class lists for PreK-Grade 5 will be posted at Dorothy Simon and Jean McNair Elementary on Friday, August 19.
Tuesday, August 23 will be Kindergarten Orientation Night at Dorothy Simon Elementary from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Parents and children will attend this event together to receive valuable information about what is happening in the kindergarten classrooms.
Winnebago CUSD #323 will conduct preschool screenings for the 2016-17 school year on Wednesday, July 27 and Thursday, July 28.
These children may be eligible to attend the Winnebago School District Preschool for the 2016-17 school year.
Winnebago High School will observe the following hours during the summer from June 9 thru August 5.
Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. Closed on Friday
Winnebago Middle School sixth grade students listened to various careers on wheels. Lonnies Carpet Max, Winnebago County Corner, Schwan's Driver, WREX TV Morning crew and Winnebago Police Department educated WMS sixth graders on their career choice.
On May 4, 2016 three students from WHS traveled with Mrs. Thompson, WHS Librarian to compete in the 2016 Battle of the Books competition. Abby L., Angel S., and Kierra H. read 10 books between them (9 Abe Lincoln Titles and 1 Classic Title) to take 2nd place in the annual spring tournament between Winnebago, Pecatonica, and Harlem High School and 9th Grade Campus.
The Winnebago Chapter of the National Honor Society held its annual induction ceremony at WHS on Sunday, May 1.
The Winnebago Chapter of the National Honor Society held its annual induction ceremony at WHS on Sunday, May 1st. The National Honor Society is a national organization with local chapters in most high schools and is sponsored by the National Association of Secondary School Principals.