The following students were recently recognized with Student of the Week honors at Jean McNair Elementary School for the week of April 14. Congratulations to Dylan T., Joseph S., Ashton H., Bo A., Addison M., Parker K., Parker R., Laci B., Karissa E., Hannah E., Miyah B., Grace K., Campbell S., Ella M., Ella P., Ryley G., Allissa J., Alexis L., Leigha D., Konner S. and Elmer G.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Winnebago Middle School will host the sixth grade Science Fair in the Winnebago Middle School gym on May 15. The Science Fair will be open for WMS students and staff during the entire school day, and open to the public from 5 - 6 p.m. that night, May 15.
Tuesday, April 15 was Career Day for eighth grade students at Winnebago Middle School. Students were able to choose which sessions they wanted to attend. QPS Employment Coordinator Donna Olson talkes to Joesph S. about a good hand shake.
Field Day has been scheduled for third and 4 fourth grade students on Friday, May 23 at Jean McNair Elementary School. The students will participate in groups, by grade level, and in a number of events.
Lunch will be provided as usual with some modifications according to scheduling.
Field Day has been scheduled for first and second grade students on Friday, May 30 at Dorothy Simon Grade School. The children will participate in groups, by grade levels, and in a number of events.
The Winnebago Chapter of the National Honor Society held its annual induction ceremony at WHS on Sunday, April 13th. The National Honor Society is a national organization with local chapters in most high schools and is sponsored by the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
The Annual PTO Basket Raffle and Art Show will be held on Thursday, April 24 in the Winnebago High School Gym from 5 - 7:30.
The following students were selected for Student of the Week honors for the week of Apr. 7. Congratulations to Brennan S., Kailyn G., Jennifer B., Madolyn N., Steven D., Zander N., Jakob D., Jacob B., Sophia B., Cade M., Blaine G., Ella P., Matt G., Alexis L., Madison B., Sam S., Fernando R., Ella P., Isabel R., Owen R., and Jessica T.
Dorothy Simon Elementary will be holding its annual Awards Day on Tuesday, June 3 for kindergarten, first grade and second grade students. Awards assembly for first and second grade will be in the Dorothy Simon cafeteria. Kindergarten will be held in the Dorothy Simon Gym. Awards presentations are approx 45 minutes.
Schedule for awards distribution:
It is VERY important to keep your child’s lunch and milk accounts up to date. We will not allow students to charge milk or lunches. If you have questions about your account balance, please call Beth Swigart at Simon 815.335.2318 between 7:15 a.m. –3 p.m.
Also, the last day that Dorothy Simon will serve breakfast and milk at snack break will be Friday, May 30.
Summer is just around the corner and this link will take you to the summer camps that Winnebago Schools have to offer. Questions please contact the Winnebago High School at 815.335.2336.