Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
As the school year comes to a close, many are looking forward to summer break before returning to school in August. At Jean McNair, there will be four faces missing when everyone returns this fall. The end of the 2012-2103 school year finds four teachers retiring with a combined 97 years among them working in the Winnebago School District.
Dorothy Simon Year End Calendar of Events
Dorothy Simon's Early Childhood students last day of school will be Friday, May 24. All materials should be taken home that day or earlier.
Play Day for Dorthy Simon's Early Childhood and Kindergarten will be on Thursday, May 23 at Dorothy Simon Elementary School. Students participate in a number of events.
Session times and classes as follows:
Morning Session from 9 - 10:20 a.m.
It’s hard to believe the school year is near completion! Time for vacations, swimming, camping…time to make those appointments for school physicals.
After Many Years…We Say Goodbye. . . . Mr. Mandera and the Dorothy Simon Staff are losing two great members of our Simon staff to retirement.
What a wonderful year it has been! I appreciated all of your smiles and laughs throughout the school year. I wanted to take a moment to tell all of you, “Thank you.”
Thank you to all the volunteers that assisted at Dorothy Simon Elementary this year. You supplied your time and effort to assist with our children this year.
Winnebago CUSD #323 last day of student attendance is Thursday, May 30. Report Cards will be handed out in the morning.
Dismissal times are as follows.
Winnebago School District will be sending home Registration packets for the 2013-2014 school year with students on Thursday, May 23.
Jean McNair Fifth Grade students and teachers will be visiting the Winnebago Middle School on the morning of Tuesday, May 28 to meet the Sixth Grade teachers, tour the school, practice with lockers, etc.
Jean McNair's End of the Year Awards Programs will be held on Tuesday, May 28, in the Jean McNair Gym.
- Third Grade at 8:30 a.m.
- Fourth Grade at 10 a.m.
- Fifth Grade at 11:15 a.m.
Parents and grandparents are more than welcome to attend.