Congratulations to Hayden A. for earning to be Principal for the Day at Simon Elementary on Friday, May 22. Her days duties included reading to classes, recess supervision, art classes, and making sure everyone can learn.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
The final Student of the Week announcement was made at Jean McNair Elementary School on Fri., May 22. Congratulations to the following students for being selected based on demonstrating McNair Pride. McNair Pride includes being Positive, showing Respect, and Integrity, as well as being Disciplined and Educated.
Congratulations to the Class of 2015!
Winnebago High School final exams are scheduled for May 28, 29 and June 1. Students are expected to attend all of their classes (including study hall) on exam days.
Winnebago High School students will have the following schedule for final exams:
Thursday May 28:
Congratulations to Hunter B. for earning to be Principal for the Day at Simon Elementary on Friday, May 15. His days duties included reading to classes, recess supervision, and making sure everyone can learn.
Jaden D. was awarded the Principal Award from Mr. Mandera for the May 7 District Art Show. Great job Jaden!
Jean McNair Awards Ceremonies will be held on Thursday, May 28 in the gym.
- Grade 3 @ 8:30 a.m
- Grade 4 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Grade 5 @ 11:00 a.m.
The following list includes dates of some important end of the year dates.
Congratulations to the Winnebago High School May P.R.I.D.E. Students of the Month! Our four grand prize winners: Kiersten A., Joey S., Kevin G., and Sophia A. were drawn from a group of 9 nominated students that were chosen by WHS staff.
Congratulations to the Winnebago High School Seniors of the Month! Our two winners, Noah W. and Heather P. were drawn from a group of 4 nominated Seniors that were chosen by WHS staff.
Winnebago High School freshman Betsy Currens was honored recently by the Rockford Womens Club as a winner of their annual Creative Writing Award. Congratulations Betsy!