The following students were recognized with Student of the Week honors at Jean McNair Elementary School for the week of April 25. Students were recognized for demonstrating McNair Pride, which includes exhibiting a positive attitude, putting forth exceptional effort in completing schoolwork, and displaying appropriate behavior.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
The end of year is quickly approaching for graduating Seniors at WHS! Listed below is some important information regarding dates, times, and specific details for events leading up to and including Graduation Day.
The Winnebago School District libraries at Simon, McNair, WMS and WHS have been celebrating National School Library Month for April. There have been a variety of activities, such as trivia contests, bookmark contests, WHS Popcorn Day, and McNair Book Fair to name a few.
The following students were recognized with Student of the Week honors at Jean McNair Elementary School for the week of April 18. Students were recognized for demonstrating McNair Pride, which includes exhibiting a positive attitude, putting forth exceptional effort in completing schoolwork, and displaying appropriate behavior.
Winnebago High School is hosting two Volleyball Camps this summer. Boys and Girls 4th - 8th grade and 9th - 12th grade. Both camps will be held in the Winnebago High School gym.
Culver’s of Winnebago Share Night, Tuesday, May 17, from 5-7 p.m. Please stop by for dinner and/or dessert. A portion of the proceeds from this evening will go towards PBIS efforts at all four district schools.
Kids Club 2015-2016 Registration Night will be held on Thursday, May 19 from 4 -5:30 p.m. at the Dorothy Simon cafeteria. Those who register that afternoon will receive $10 off their registration fee.
Jean McNair's 5th grade Spring Band Concert will be held on Tuesday, May 17, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the WHS Cafetorium.
Jean McNair's 4th music classes and 5th grade chorus Spring Choral Concert will be held on Tuesday, May 10, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the WHS Cafetorium.
District wide Art Show and PTO Basket Raffle will be held on Wednesday, May 4, from 5-7:30 p.m. in the WHS Gym. Tickets can be purchased for PTO Basket Raffle at the door.