The following students were recognized at Jean McNair Elementary School with Student of the Week honors for the week of Mar. 10. Congratulations to Karissa E., Jacob D., Jacob F., Reid S., Konner S., Jackson L., Sam K., Aurora I., Alec W., Brady S., Hailey J., Jadeyn G., Marcos E., Andrew P., Hannah L., Logan W., Jazlyn K., Maia P., Stephany S., Isabel N. and Ethan L.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Congratulations to Jean McNair students Andrew P., Hayley S., Lydia V., and Amanda G. These students have been selected to represent Jean McNair Elementary School at the 73rd Annual Young Artist Show.
The week of March 3 - 7 the students at WHS participated in the 3rd Inspire Change Week at Winnebago High School. The focus of the week is to inspire students to recognize that small positive changes for themselves and others can make a big difference.
Artwork from Dorothy Simon art students was chosen to be displayed at the Rockford Art Museum Art Show. Art classes are taught by Mrs. Melancen.
On March 3, students from Simon and McNair, competed to see which school could pass the most Accelerated Reader tests in one day. McNair students won this year by passing 2,647 AR tests and received the beautiful traveling trophy. Simon students passed 1,664 tests.
Beginning Mar. 17, teachers, parents and students across Illinois will have an opportunity to participate in the Illinois 5Essentials Survey: Organizing Schools for Improvement.
Elementary yearbook deadline will be here soon. Please don't forget that Interstate Studio has provided us with a great tool that enables everyone to easily download pictures into our yearbooks database for review and to ultimately be used in this years yearbook.
Jean McNair Elementary will be joining others across Illinois and Northwest Indiana in a program that will be instrumental in raising funds for lifesaving cancer research.
The following students were recently recognized at Jean McNair Elementary School with Student of the Week honors for the week of Mar. 3. Congratulations to Kailyn G., Cole V., Makenna H., Gabrielle E., Jocelyn H., Fernando R., Konner S., Annika B., Austin R., Sarah H., Bishop C., Mike G., Clay S., Jackie E., Alex J., Sam R., Larson G., Dominic F., Krista W., and Sammy S.
Ten Winnebago High School students will have their work on display in the Rockford Art Museum 73rd Young Artist Show from March 2 - April 6. More information is available at Rockfordartmuseum.org
Winnebago CUDS #323 schools and offices will be closed March 24 - 30 for Spring Break. Classes will resume on Monday, March 31.
Please note the school calendar has Friday, March 21 as a non attendance day. March 21 will be used as a snow make up day. Parent Letter below explains make-up days.