Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Student Council presents "Swing Into Spring Dance" on Saturday April 11, in the high school cafetorium. WHS high school jazz band will play from 6:30 - 7:00 p.m. and the Band "Class Act II" will play from 7 - 9 p.m. More details to follow.
As registration is going on now, WHS Advisors wanted to remind you about the separate process for Driver Education registration. This applies to any family who is interested in their student completing driver education during a summer 2015 session or during the upcoming 2015-16 school year.
- 6:15 p.m. Students and parents may pick up materials in the WHS lobby.
McNair Elementary Third Grade students will be performing their concert on Tuesday, February 17, 2015. Performance time is 6:30pm in the Winnebago High School Cafetorium. Songs will include "February!", "Blame It On the Groundhog", "Tongue-Twister", "LOL!", and an Irish folk tune - "The Rakes of Mallow".
On Fri., Jan. 23, the following students were recognized with Student of the Week honors. Congratulations to Joey S., Ella A., Tristan T., Jacob M., Charlotte M., Karla G., Konner S., Jocelyn H., Brandon H., Nate J., Brooke C., Angelina C., Alec G., Ibrahim R., Logan G., Jackson L., Chloe S., Caleb L., Allissa J., Patrick M., and Anelise M.
The Winnebago Athletic Department is hosting a raffle with the chance of winning some great prizes.
1st Prize- Samsung LED "55 TV
2nd Prize- Samsung Wireless Sound Bar
3rd Prize- Apple Wifi TV
WMS PE students took advantage of the nice weather by going snow shoeing.
Dorothy Simon students came back from winter break to the annual Climbing Unit.The students work through an obstacle course throughout Simon gym. There are monkey bars, balance beams, ladders to climb over and the biggest challenge is climbing the rope. Brody C. and Mitchel C. wait for Brayden W. to join them on the monkey bars.
The following students were recently honored with Student of the Week honors for the week of Jan. 12. These students were recognized for demonstrating McNair Pride, exhibiting positive behavior, putting forth exceptional effort in the classroom, and displaying a positive attitude.