Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Fourth graders recently researched historical characters and presented their life stories in a wax museum format. Thank you to all students, parents, and community guests for stopping by to learn more about some of our most influential historical characters.
The Winnebago Lions Club arranged for a Leader Dog demonstration at both Dorothy Simon and Jean McNair Elementary Schools on November 19. Leader Dogs for the Blind brought two puppies who are being trained to be guide dogs. Their puppy raisers explained the Leader Dogs for the Blind program and talked about their experiences training puppies.
Winnebago CUSD #323 will conduct preschool screenings for the 2015-16 school year on Friday, January 15, 2016. These children may be eligible to attend the Winnebago School District Preschool for the 2015-16 school year. Appointment times are limited.
Jean McNair recognized Veterans during a the school day on November 11. Thank you to all who participated in the weeks events. Thank you to all who have served and are serving our country.
The We Day Crew and students of Winnebago Middle School collected approximately 500 pounds of food during their We Scare Hunger food drive. All donations are being delivered to the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
Congratulations goes out to several Jean McNair Elementary teachers who were recently nominated for the Golden Apple Foundation of Rockford's annual teaching award.
Simon Elementary is proud to announce the following teachers who were nominated for Golden Apple recognition for this school year.
Congratulations to the Winnebago High School October Seniors of the Month! Our two winners, Madison W. and Nathan A. were drawn from a group of 13 nominated Seniors that were chosen by WHS staff.
Congratulations to the Winnebago High School October P.R.I.D.E. Students of the Month! Our four grand prize winners: Taylor B., Ronnie S., Jillian E., and Chase U., were drawn from a group of 21 nominated students that were chosen by WHS staff.