Winnebago Middle School Fall pictures are scheduled for Friday, August 29. Please look for package information and envelopes to come home with students on Wednesday, August 20. Students will need to have their money for pictures on August 29 at the time that their picture is taken.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
FAST meetings offer a chance for parents/guardians to stay updated on WMS activities, help plan some events and meet with the Middle School Administration. FAST meetings last for about an hour usually right after the PTO meetings.
Winnebago Middle School is offering a free option to send text messages with school information to WMS parents. However, it will require WMS to know parents cell phone number and their carrier. If you are interested in receiving text messages with reminders for school pictures, report cards, etc., please let the WMS office know 815.335.2364 and share your information with them.
Winnebago Middle School Fall sports pictures will be taken on Thursday, August 28 at 3:05 p.m. Forms will be sent home with athletes. Payment is due at the time the pictures are taken.
Winnebago Middle School staff took part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on their first day of school.
The middle school creates and sends a monthly newsletter to parents by email and posts it here on the website. Here is our first Parent Newsletter for the 2014-2015 school year.
The school year has arrived! Here is some important information and August dates for Dorothy Simon Elementary.
- PreK Program Orientation - August 21 from 5:30-6:15 p.m. or 6:30-7:15 p.m.
- COOP Early Childhood Program Orientation - August 21 from 6 -7 p.m.
- First Day of PreK/Coop Early Childhood Program - August 25
School picture day at WHS has been scheduled for Thursday August 28. All 9th, 10th and 11th grade students will have pictures taken. Retakes for 12th grade students will also be available.
Winnebago Middle School held it's annual Career on Wheels event last week. Businesses represented included: Rock River Environmental Services, Lonnie's Carpet Max, Winnebago Police Department, WREX Morning News reporters and Winnebago Fire & EMTs.
Thank you to the above business for participating in the Career on Wheels.
Hannah Eichenberger, a fifth grader at Jean McNair Elementary School, loves to read. You can ask her teachers and classmates and they would all agree that Hannah loves to read!
The Winnebago Chapter of the National Honor Society held its annual induction ceremony at WHS on Sunday, April 13th. The National Honor Society is a national organization with local chapters in most high schools and is sponsored by the National Association of Secondary School Principals.