The Winnebago High School is proud to be hosting the IHSA Class 3A Volleyball Regionals. Game schedule is as follows:
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
The following students were recognized on Fri., Oct. 24, with Student of the Week honors at Jean McNair Elementary School. Congratulations to Deven E., Fernando R., Brady S., Kyliah J., Kevin Y. Alisyn C., Jacob M., Lana S., Madylin D., Qwinten G., Kyra S., Braylon G., Rylan A., Jacob R., Allissa J., Riley M., Lindsay W., Isabel N., Brianna I., Jamie M., and Dale D.
On Monday, October 20, the NED Show came to Jean McNair Elementary School and entertained students in grades third - fifth. While performing many different yo-yo tricks, he shared an important message with students.
NED stands for Never Give Up, Encourage Others, and Do Your Best.
On Saturday, December 6, 2014, come support the Jean McNair Elementary Fifth Grade Chorus as they perform the National Anthem at a Rockford IceHogs game. To order game tickets, call Zach at 815.847.6385.
Winnebago School's Veteran's Day Breakfast and Assembly will take place on Tuesday, November 11 at Winnebago High School. Breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. in the cafetorium with the Winnebago Middle School Band and Chorus performing followed by an all school assembly at 9 a.m. in the WHS gym.
Jean McNair Elementary recently recognized students in Grades 3-5 and Art, Music, and PE with Student of the Week honors for the week of October 13.
No student attendance on Thursday, November 6 for Parent Teacher Conferences. Kindergarten thru 12th grade Conferences will be held from 1 - 7:30 p.m. No student attendance on Friday, November 7 for a School Improvement Day. School offices will be open.
Classes will resume on Monday, November 10.
Jean McNair Elementary School got Fire Prevention Week underway with a fire drill directed by members of the Winn-Bur-Sew Fire Department. On Monday, October 6, students and staff practiced evacuating the building in a timely fashion while firefighters checked out the procedures to ensure the evacuation followed all safety measures.
Click on this link to view our WMS Parent Newsletter for October events.