Since winter weather is far from over, Jean McNair staff would like to remind you to have your child to dress appropriately for outdoor temperatures with winter coats, hats, scarves, gloves, and boots. Unless the wind chill brings the temperature way down, we will go outside for recess most days when the temperature reads as low as 21-22 degrees.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected as Student of the Week recipients at Jean McNair Elementary School for the week of January 16. Students at Jean McNair are recognized weekly for demonstrating McNair PRIDE.
No School Friday, February 17 due to a School Improvement Day. No Student attendance. No School Monday, February 20 due to the Holiday. No student and staff attendance. Classes resume Tuesday, February 21.
Jean McNair Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday evening, February 16, from 4-7:30 p.m. Due to the limited amount of time available on this evening, teachers will be contacting parents if they have any academic and/or behavioral concerns and likewise, parents can contact their child’s teacher if they would like to schedule a conference during this time.
Jean McNair students will be participating in one of their favorite units of the year, Roller Skating. Students will be participating in roller skating February 29 – March 11.
Winnebago Middle School students who are driven to school in the morning and/or picked up after school should be using Door DD. That’s the door on the North Side of the building along the cafeteria/kitchen. Please pull all the way forward to avoid traffic backing up to Elida Street. Thank you for your help in this matter.
The middle school creates and sends a monthly newsletter to parents by email and posts it here on the website. Click Here for our current Parent Newsletter for the 2016-2017 school year.
Presented by the WHS Student Council and CREW the Winnebago High and Middle School students enjoyed an assembly for Awareness Week with speaker Brad Hurtig.