Simon Spring Pictures are going home Monday 4/20 or Tuesday 4/21 and money and/or unwanted pictures are due to the Simon office next Monday, April 27.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
If you don't have enough to eat, Northern Illinois Food Bank's Mobile Pantry can help. Food is free to low income neighbors in need. Please bring bags or boxes! Food is distributed on a first-come, first served basis, while supplies last. The Mobile Food Pantry will be at Winnebago High School on Wednesday, May 6 from 3:30-5:30 p.m..
Michael A. won the WHS Library NCAA Bracket Challenge. Michael earned the most points on his bracket, beating out over 50 entries. Most impressive was that Michael picked all four final four teams, had Duke and Wisconsin in the Championship and picked Duke to win. Congratulations Michael!
Jean McNair Elementary School recognized students on Fri., Apr. 24, with Student of the Week honors. Students are selected each week for demonstrating McNair PRIDE, which stands for Positive, Respectful, Integrity, Discipline and Educated.
There will be a Senior class meeting on May 1st, 2015 at 12:20 pm in the afternoon in the WHS Gym for all graduating seniors. Information below will be passed out and discussed.
Jean McNair will be holding a Spring Chorus Concert on Tuesday, May 19 at 6:30 p.m. in the WHS Cafetorium.
Winnebago Kid's Club will be holding their 2015-16 Registration Night on Thursday, May 14 from 4 - 5:30 p.m. in the Dorothy Simon cafeteria. Those we register that afternoon will receive $10 off their registration fee.
Jean McNair will hold a Spring Band Concert on Tuesday, May 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the WHS Cafetorium.
Winnebago's Art Department is holding their annual District Wide Art Show on May 7 from 5 - 7:30 p.m. Winnebago student's art will be on display in the WHS gym. Winnebago PTO will also be holding their Annual Basket Raffle in the gym.
Tickets can be purchased for the Basket Raffle at the event. Students can also earn tickets by donating items to their classroom basket.