The annual Winnebago Middle School Garage Sale will be here before you know it! The sale will take place Saturday, October 11, from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. in the WMS cafeteria with proceeds benefiting WMS programs.
Welcome to Winnebago CUSD #323
Our attendance centers include
- Dorothy Simon Elementary - Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grades
- Jean McNair Elementary - Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades
- Winnebago Middle School - Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades
- Winnebago High School - Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grades
Our core beliefs and values The following belief statements describe deeply held beliefs that influence our actions in Winnebago District 323:
- We believe that children are the hope and future of our world; therefore our primary function is to educate all students for a successful future.
- We believe that excellence is achieved through a rigorous and engaging curriculum and structured activities beyond the classroom.
- We believe every child deserves quality teachers.
- We believe measurement of progress is essential to achieve improvement.
- We believe that teaching and learning flourish in a safe, clean, disciplined, and nurturing environment.
- We believe that family, school, and community are vital partners in the learning process.
- We believe that all individuals deserve respect and are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe that we are responsible to our community to provide prudent fiscal management.
Winnebago CUSD #323 will conduct preschool screenings for the 2014-2015 school year on Friday, October 17. These children may be eligible to attend the Winnebago School District Preschool for the 2014-15 school year.
Elementary conferences this fall are scheduled for Wednesday, November 5, from 4 - 7:30 p.m. and Thursday, November 6 from 1 - 7:30 p.m. Teachers will be contacting you in the coming weeks to schedule a conference time.
Pee Wee Poms will be held October 14 -16, from 3 - 5:30 p.m. at Jean McNair School. Registration forms are due September 24 and are still available in the Dorothy Simon and Jean McNair office. Students can be picked up at the gym door entrance at 5:30 p.m. The students will be performing during half time of the Fresh/Soph football game on Friday, October 17.
Another school year is off to a great start. Thank you for your cooperation when they were finishing up our roof the first week of school, we appreciate your flexibility and are happy to report that if you haven’t already, you may begin dropping off after 7:35 a.m and pick ups begins at 3 p.m. for students in the back of the building, as well.
The 2014-2015 school year is off to a great start. Jean McNair's monthly newsletters are available here for access to McNair news at your fingertips. Please look for monthly updates, or as news happens.
Picture Day is scheduled at Jean McNair Elementary School for students in grades 3-5 on Thurs., Sept. 25. More information will come home soon.
On Wednesday, September 3, the IAA (Illinois Agriculture Association) visited fifth grade students at Jean McNair Elementary School as part of the IAA Foundation's annual Bike Ride benefiting the Illinois Agriculture in the classroom (IAITC) program.
Dorothy Simon Fall Picture day will be Thursday, September 25 starting at 8:30 a.m. More information will be coming home soon.
The BenInspired Foundation announces the Fourth Annual Walk for Ben: Steps for a Cure at WHS Athletic stadium from 4 - 7 pm on Saturday, September 13. This event is sponsored in part by German American State Bank and is being held in conjunction with Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and is close to Ben’s
Welcome to another fantastic school year! The Dorothy Simon school newsletter/flyer will be published once a month (usually the first Friday of the month) for all students who attend Dorothy Simon Elementary.
Winnebago Middle School is offering a free option to send text messages with school information to WMS parents. However, it will require WMS to know parents cell phone number and their carrier. If you are interested in receiving text messages with reminders for school pictures, report cards, etc., please let the WMS office know 815.335.2364 and share your information with them.