Volunteers connect our community with our schools, and there are so many opportunities to get involved. Along with attending PTO meetings, being on a sub-committee for an event, or working on a fundraiser, there are other volunteer opportunities that may fit into your schedule.
- Active Room Parent – assist teachers and students on a regular as-needed basis
- Silent Room Parent – send in needed items with your child to their classroom
- Classroom Photographer – willing to take photos of classroom activities for the yearbook
- Lunchroom Helper – willing to serve hot lunch one day per month for a one and one half hour shift
The PTO supports school staff with the help of wonderful volunteers on a daily and special occasion basis.
- Organization of hot lunch volunteers servers for Dorothy Simon and Jean McNair
- Organization of Room Parents for classrooms Halloween, Holiday, and Valentine’s Day parties
- Organization of Head Room Parents for each classroom – these great volunteers assist their child’s teacher in various ways. They oversee the parties by checking with others about food and games and help with the theme basket for the raffle at the art fair.